Thursday, May 30, 2013

As she sleeps...

Molly's taking her morning nap, so this is how I choose to spend the little bit of time that I have to myself.

You're welcome.

So many things to tell...

I had a garage sale a few weeks ago.  I was really only open for all of Friday and a few hours on Saturday and made over $400.  It was far too pretty for me to be sitting outside doing nothing but talking to strangers about shit that I don't care about.  Yard sales attract interesting people who seem to not really have anyone to talk to in their day to day lives, so they often share a bit too much when they are in my presence.  I must have a sign on my head that reads, "Please tell me all about your most intimate details of your life."

Regardless, I was able to visit some of my fellow mommy friends that I never get to see because we are all far too busy doing mommy things.

Here are pictures of Shoshawnna and Molly visiting.





Cassie and the girls came by one day for a play date.  It was nice to catch up with friends that I used to only see at the bar.  Cassie is a really good mom and I cannot imagine what it would be like to raise 2 girls all by myself.  She does an amazing job and makes it look so easy.


Ray threw out into the facebook world that he was interested in skating for a men's roller derby league. They had an open skate/meet one Sunday morning.  The guys tried the 25 in 5 and did so well!  I was certainly pleased to see that not all of them were able to get it in the first try.  For a moment I knew that Ray was really impressed with all that I did when I was in derby.  That shit is hard work.


Molly and I went to the park one day.  She loves to swing.  She's all gums as she laughs and it just melts my soul.



I finally was able to finish my arm piece.  It took a total of 8 hours and 3 sittings.  The last sitting was 5 hours and I sat like a fucking champ.  Shit hurt so bad near the end, but it ended up being beautiful.  We will work on turning it into a half sleeve in the Fall.  



Here's the final product.  No photo can really do it justice.  It's lovely.

I started my Statistics in Criminology class 3 weeks ago.  I only have 3 more weeks left.  I am enjoying this class far more than I thought that I would and I have a 100% in it.  Speaking of good grades - I totally made the Dean's List again last semester.  



My mom bought a kiddie pool for Molly, so we have been over there quite a bit already this summer.  Molly's a little over 9 months old and wears 12 month clothes.  Her suit is a bit snug though it is a 12 month suit so she typically goes in the pool naked.  She loves it.  Her hair is getting lighter and lighter and her eyes are getting bluer and bluer.  The older she gets, the more curly/wavy her hair gets.  I now understand what it is like to live vicariously through your child.  ; )



Annie bought Mo an amish bonnet and she looks adorable in it.

I bought her this scaly cap from Target.  

This is her newsie cap she wears often.  She loves hats.

Christi and I went to Chicago to see a production of Shaping Sound.  Shaping Sound is a dance company owned by Travis Wall and 3 other guys.  Travis is my favorite dancer of all time and I have been wanting to see him perform since 2006.  We had 2nd row seats and I was able to see Travis sweat, breathe, and could hear his feet on the stage.  It was truly the best performance I have ever seen in any realm.  I just love him so much.  I have photos, but for some reason my phone isn't loading them all into my computer.  So, once I figure that out - I will surely post them.

Mother's Day came and it was great.  We pulled sod and tilled for 3 gardens at my mom's house.  Ray got me flowers and this awesome card.  I really was not expecting anything - so I was truly touched.  He can be so damn sweet sometimes.  My mom loved the finger painting that Mo and I did for her.

For Easter, Ray bought Molly a trailer to hitch to his recumbent bike.  She loves going for bike rides.  I got a tricycle with a huge basket in the back and I love it!  We went for a family bike ride to the zoo last week and it was a lot of fun and some really good family time together.  Here's a photo of Mo on one of her first bike rides with her dad.  She has already gotten bigger since then.  Gah.

I don't fight Molly to take naps.  I have better things to do with my time.  One day, we needed to go to the grocery so Ray and I decided to tire her out at the store since she was fighting sleep.  This is her once we got home.  Mommy 1  :  Molly 0.  I was pleased and felt this was a moment to capture.

Molly and I went camping with Christi and Katy last weekend and Molly did great!  Katy and Sean are going through a divorce right now, so it was really good to get some girl time in.  

So much change is going on.  Though some of it is sad - it is always nice to see myself and friends evolvling and changing into more b eautiful things.  Growth is good.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment