Friday, January 7, 2011

early morning ramblings.

My ballet instructor's husband died on Jan. 3rd.  He had cancer.  He had actually beat his battle with cancer a while ago and it came back over this past semester.  This lady is not only my ballet instructor, but also my sister's neighbor.  Carolynn and Scott were going down to Indy over the back half of winter break to do some stem cell stuff.  Apparently, Scott's siblings were a perfect match for him -  and that was pretty much a miracle.  They had really high hopes, as did I.  It was about noon on Jan. 3rd when my sister messaged me.  Scott Johnson died this morning.

My heart just sunk.  I began to cry - I just feel horrible.


I am not taking a dance class this semester, which is good - I'm not sure I could even look at Carolynn without wanting to break down.  I, honestly, don't know how I am going to face her when I do see her.  I have offered up my services as far as helping with the house, food, etc. for Carolynn while everything gets figured out and she begins her journey with moving on without her beloved, dead husband.

I just couldn't imagine how she must feel.


Recently, we have been having some reallly shady things happen around our neighborhood.  On Christmas night a man with cancer was tied up in his house by random, unknown men.  He was found 19 hours later.  This house was only a few blocks from Ray and I.  On New Years Day a 19 year old girl was raped in the Walgreen's bathroom on the corner of Ironwood and Lincoln Way - at 1pm in the afternoon.  Sometime between then, the corner market - just two doors down from our house was shot up with bullet holes. 
What the fuck is going on?

Californication airs Sunday for Season 4.  This is one of my favorite shows.  I am not sure why - but for some reason my heart can relate on some really weird parallel with Karen.  I feel I have had a relationship with the dynamic to which Karen and Hank have.  Because of this, I feel I have some sort of stake in the outcome of these fictional characters.  It's really bizarre, actually - and I have never let a TV show make me feel like this before.  I just simply love it.  Here's a popular scene - that I, of course, always look up when I am missing my weekly watch while it is on it's hiatus.

No comments:

Post a Comment